Easy To Make Lemonade Recipes For Spring/Summer
Whether you are entertaining, or are just after something nice to keep in the fridge, homemade lemonade is a must-have for the spring/summer season and is very quick and easy to make.
This refreshing drink is a great addition to any dinner party or family gathering and is suitable for the whole family. Serve in a big glass jug with ice-cubes or spike it with a couple of shots of Vodka for a tasty weekend treat for the adults.
Read on for our favourite recipes, including traditional and pink lemonade and one with a delicious thyme twist!
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- ½ cup cold water for syrup and 3 cups cold water for jug
- To make this traditional lemonade, combine the sugar and ½ cup of water into a small saucepan. Stir occasionally and bring to a boil making sure that the sugar has dissolved.
- Once you’ve done this, let it cool and combine the syrup with the lemon juice and add approximately 3 cups of cold water depending on the size of your jug.
- Now add ice-cubes and serve. Delicious!
Strawberry Thyme Lemonade:
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 ½ cups of strawberries sliced
- 1 cup cold water for syrup and 3-5 cups cold water for jug
- 1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, thyme and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the syrup has cooled, discard the thyme and combine the syrup in a large jug with the strawberries, lemon juice and around 3-5 cups of cold water (depending on the size of your jug).
- Now add ice-cubes and serve!
- 1 cup sugar (for syrup)
- 2 ½ cups fresh lemon juice, plus 4 lemons, thinly sliced crosswise, for garnish
- 1 ½ cups sugar (for jug)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup water for syrup and 3-5 cups cold water for jug
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to the boil. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until syrup has cooled.
- Next combine the lemon juice, sugar, cranberry juice and around 3-5 cups of water into a jug.
- Continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved. Serve with ice-cubes and lemon slices for garnish.
Have you got an amazing homemade lemonade recipe we need to try? Comment the recipe below.